Zapier is a free application that allows you to connect and send data between thousands of different applications.
Automated connections called Zaps, set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
Each Zap has one app as the trigger, which acts as an information source and causes one or more actions in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
You can now use Leadpages as a trigger for any Zap to send new leads to other services. Below, you’ll learn how to connect and send data via Zapier’s Leadpages integration.
The fine print
- You’ll need a Zapier account. If you don’t have one, you can create one at the same time you create your first Zap from within Leadpages. Learn more →
- Leadpages will be able to send data from text fields to your action app. Checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdown fields, and other custom fields will not pass data through Zapier to your action app.
- Zapier will connect to Drag & Drop forms. It will not connect to Standard Builder forms, opt-in texts, trigger links, or forms embedded using our HTML widget.
Connect your Zapier integration through Leadpages
You’ll want to start by setting up your form in Leadpages. For help getting started with the form widget, follow our comprehensive article.
Now that you’ve created a form, it’s time to connect it with Zapier, which you can do right from Leadpages.
- To start, click on your form to pull up the Edit your Form sidebar
- Click Add an Integration
- Click More Services
- Scroll down and select the app you’d like Leadpages to connect to through Zapier (Not seeing your desired app? Click here.)
- Select Use this Zap, which will launch a new window that connects to Zapier—now it’s time to make a Zap!
Make a Zap from within Leadpages
- Once you've selected Use this Zap, you'll see a zap template preview. Scroll down and select Create this Zap. At this time you may need to create a Zapier account or log in to Zapier (if you're not already logged in).
- Select New Form Submission as your action, then click Continue.
- Choose the Leadpages account you’d like to use (or connect a new account). Click Save + Continue.
Choose your Leadpages form
- In the drop-down menu, your form should be selected. If you have made changes to your form make sure to publish those changes to get them reflected in your zap.
- Zapier will use sample data to test the connection to Leadpages. Choose a sample submission, then click Continue.
Set up your Action
Your action app is where Zapier will send the data collected by Leadpages. Setup will differ for each action app. Zapier’s Knowledge Base is a great resource if you run into trouble on this step.
Test your Zap
Once you’ve configured your action app, check out your recap on the test page and select Send Test to [action app]. Then check your action app for success!
You can choose to re-test this step, or click Finish.
Name and turn on your Zap
Give your Zap a name, then toggle it to on and you are all set!
Integrate your Leadpages account through Zapier
If you don’t see your desired action app in Leadpages, you can also start by adding your form to a Zap directly in Zapier. Head over to Zapier to integrate with your Leadpages account. You can find our integration by searching “Leadpages” in their list of integrations. There are a couple ways you can integrate, which are covered in Zapier’s article here: How to Connect a New Account to Zapier.
We have a few pre-made Zapier templates for our most popular integrations!
To use these, make sure that you’re signed into your Zapier account, then click Use this Zap from the options below: These are pre-made workflows that make setting up Zaps quick and easy. You can also build your own Zaps within Zapier.
Frequently asked questions
Can I manage Zaps from within Leadpages?
Yep! You can build and edit Zaps within Leadpages. We've already covered building Zap in Leadpages, but you can always edit your Zaps by returning to your form and clicking the edit icon.
Can Leadpages be used as an action app?
No. Our integration is a trigger-only integration. You will want to use a 3rd party for an action app, such as Google Sheets.
(Updated January 22, 2019)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the ? support button at the top-right corner of your account dashboard or by clicking here to file a support ticket.