Every Leadpages account includes a plugin you can use to install your pages and Leadboxes on your WordPress site.
Our plugin will not work with WordPress.com accounts, which do not allow plugins. Also, make sure your WordPress site has PHP version 5.4 or higher currently installed. If you're unsure of your PHP version or where to look for it, you can install this separate plugin on WordPress to find out.
To connect Leadpages to your WordPress site you’ll:
- Download the WordPress plugin from your Leadpages account
- Upload the plugin to your self-hosted WordPress site and activate it
- Begin publishing pages and Leadboxes to your site
Download the plugin
- Click the Actions more next to any page on your Leadpages dashboard, then Publishing Options.
- Select the WordPress & HTML tab and click Download Now.
You only need to download the plugin once. That said, you may want to follow the steps above if the version number listed next to the Download Now link is not the same as in your WordPress account. Additional details are available here: Migrating from Previous WordPress Plugin Versions.
Add the plugin to your WordPress site
Now that you’ve downloaded the plugin, it’s time to install it on your site.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard and choose Plugins › Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin. Choose the ZIP file you downloaded and click Install Now.
- When prompted, click Activate Plugin to complete the installation. You should now see Leadpages and Leadboxes in your WordPress Dashboard’s sidebar.
- Click the Leadpages tab and log in using your Leadpages credentials.
The steps below should help resolve most common issues you might have while installing the plugin and logging into your Leadpages account.
- Make sure you don’t already have the Leadpages plugin installed.
- Manually type in your Leadpages login credentials, instead of using a password manager to auto-fill.
- If you see a blank white screen, make sure your WordPress site has PHP version 5.4 or higher currently installed. Learn more…
Still experiencing issues? Please reach out to our awesome support team—we’ll be happy to help.
Start publishing Leadpages and Leadboxes
Now that you have the plugin installed, it’s a snap to start publishing Leadpages and Leadboxes to your site. For more information, see:
(Updated June 1, 2018)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.
You may also be interested in…