Using Center, you can create segments of contacts and add them to Custom Audiences in your Facebook Ads/Business account. This allows you to target ads to people based on their previous behavior—like only people who have purchases a certain subscription, or contacts on your email list who haven’t attended your webinar yet.
In this article:
The Fine Print
These are some of the details you’ll want to keep in mind as you get started with Center’s Facebook integration:
- You’ll need a Facebook Ads/Business account to use with Center.
- Facebook must be able to match contacts it receives from Center with a Facebook user account. Usually this is done by email address, but Facebook can also match a contact based on data like their phone number if you’ve collected it. Please note that only matched contacts are added to Custom Audiences.
- Center has access to a limited selection of Custom Audiences from your Facebook account—manually created ones (typically from a CSV file) and those that Center has previously created.
Integrating Center with Facebook
- Click the Integrations tab in Center, then select Facebook.
- Click Connect. Log into your Facebook account if you haven’t already, and follow the on-screen prompts to authenticate Center’s access to Facebook.
Use more than one business account on Facebook? No problem—any accounts you have access rights to can be used in your rules.
Options for Creating Contact Segments
- Add to Custom Audience: allows you to add segmented contacts to a Facebook Custom Audience. You can also create a new Custom Audience based on your segment.
FAQs and Troubleshooting Tips
Why is the number of contacts in my rule different than the total contacts in my custom audience?
Facebook only adds matchable contacts to custom audiences—the service needs to be able to match contact data with a valid Facebook user. While Facebook doesn’t provide information about which contacts are matched, common reasons for not being able to create a match include:
- some contacts may not have a Facebook profile
- some contacts may be added to your rule with a different email address than their Facebook email—and there’s not enough data to create a match based on other fields
Why can’t I access some of my audiences?
Facebook only allows Center to write data to certain custom audiences: those manually via a CSV upload or copy/paste and those Center has created previously.
Please let us know if you have additional questions!
We’re here to help. If you run into any issues or just have additional questions, please contact our support team. You can also create a ticket by clicking the banner in the bottom right corner of the Center interface.