Don’t worry if you make a mistake while creating or editing your drag-and-drop pages! If you need to step back, there are a few options you have for undoing changes.
Undo (and redo) while editing
When you’re editing a page, simply click Undo undo in the top bar of the Drag & Drop Builder, as seen below.
When working with text, you can also use standard keyboard shortcuts to undo changes:
- On a Mac: ⌘Z to undo; ⌘Y or ⌘⇧Z to redo
- On a PC: Ctrl-Z to undo; Ctrl-Y to redo
Revert to the published version of your page
If you’ve published your page, you can revert to that live version at any time—which is especially useful if you want to scrap your edits and go back to whatever you’ve already published. Here’s how:
- Open your page in the builder. Do not update your page (which would overwrite the published version with your changes).
- Click the Update drop-down menu in the top-right corner of the builder.
- Select Revert to Last Published from the drop-down. Click Yes to proceed—your page will revert to the most-recently updated version.
NOTE: To use this feature most effectively, we recommend publishing your page as soon as it’s ready—and waiting to Update your page as you edit it until you wish to make those changes live.
Work with duplicates
If you plan on making more complex changes to a particular section, column or widget, you can duplicate it first. That way, if you want to go back to the previous version, you can delete the duplicate and keep the original.
To duplicate a widget, hover over it and select the copy icon duplicate.
You can duplicate sections, rows, and columns from the layout settings panel. For more details, please see: Customizing Page Layout and Section Styles.
(Updated June 25, 2018)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard as shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.