MailChimp is a popular email service provider that offers automation features, broadcast emails, subscriber management tools, and more. Integrate your MailChimp account with Center to accomplish all sorts of tasks.
In this article:
The Fine Print
These are some of the details you’ll want to keep in mind as you get started with Center’s MailChimp integration:
- MailChimp uses double opt-in by default when integrating with Center, but you can also enable single opt-in.
- MailChimp includes basic form fields (email, first name, and last name). You can add custom fields to any list. Please see MailChimp’s article for more information here: Manage List and Signup Form Fields.
- Form fields in MailChimp can be set up as hidden and/or required. It’s usually best to avoid making fields hidden and required—as this can prevent rules from functioning.
- The historical data limit for MailChimp is one year.
Integrating Center with MailChimp
- Copy your API key from MailChimp. For more details, see: About API Keys.
- Create a new rule in Center. Then, click Add Source › Manage Integrations below “Set up your segment” or “Set up your actions”.
- Choose MailChimp from the modal, paste in your API key and enter in an Account Name, then click Connect.
Options for Creating Contact Segments
Available Filter Events
- Someone subscribes to a list
- Someone does not subscribe to a list
Please see our conditions reference to learn more about standard conditions.
- Rating: allows you to segment contacts based on their member activity (star) rating.
- Add to list
- Delete from list
- Change subscription status
- Copy to list
- Move to list
- Add info to merge field
How can I turn off double opt-in?
Click Manage Integrations from the segment or action portion of a new rule. Then, choose MailChimp from the integration modal. You’ll see a switch allowing you to toggle double opt-in on/off, as shown below:
Please let us know if you have additional questions!
We’re here to help. If you run into any issues or just have additional questions, please contact our support team. You can also create a ticket by clicking the banner in the bottom right corner of the Center interface.