Stripe is an API-based payment processing platform. You can integrate your Stripe account with Center to create contact segments based on transactions—including refunds, failed payments, and more.
In this article:
The Fine Print
These are some of the details you’ll want to keep in mind as you get started with Center’s Stripe integration:
- Center will only pull customers from Stripe who have email data. This can be collected through the email receipt field.
- Center can access Stripe data from as far back as 30 days before the accounts are first connected.
Integrating Center with Stripe
- Copy your API key from Stripe. For more details, see: https://support.stripe.com/questions/where-do-i-find-my-api-keys
- Click + Add Source › + Connect More from the “Set up your segment” portion of a new rule in Center.
- Choose Stripe from the modal, paste in your API key, then hit Connect.
Options for Creating Contact Segments
Available Event Filters
- Someone cannot be charged
- Someone is refunded
- Someone is charged successfully
- Someone has subscribed to a plan
- Someone has changed their subscription
- Someone has cancelled their subscription
Please see our conditions reference to learn more about standard conditions.
- Start/End date: available for plan/subscription filters, this condition allows you to segment contacts based on the starting or ending date of their plan.
- Refund amount: similar to other amount conditions, but applies to the refund filter only.
Stripe is only available in the segment portion of rules for now. Stay tuned to the Center blog or the notification panel in your account for updates!
FAQs and Troubleshooting Tips
How can I test out my Stripe integration?
Stripe provides a set of handy test numbers for troubleshooting and configuration purposes. You can find documentation on them here: https://stripe.com/docs/testing. Note that any CVC or future expiration date should result in a successful transaction.
Please let us know if you have additional questions!
We’re here to help. If you run into any issues or just have additional questions, please contact our support team. You can also create a ticket by clicking the banner in the bottom right corner of the Center interface.