PayPal is a great way to collect payments from your customers—connect your account with Center to segment contacts who've purchased a product of yours, received a refund, and more.
In this article:
The Fine Print
These are some of the details you’ll want to keep in mind as you get started with Center’s PayPal integration:
- When setting up a segment for recurring transactions, the first instance will go through Center, but we can't (yet) recognize subsequent transactions of recurring payments.
- You must have a PayPal Business account to integrate with Center.
- PayPal’s historical data limit is 30 days.
Integrating Center with PayPal
- Copy your Merchant Account ID from PayPal under your profile settings.
- Create a new rule in Center, then click + Add Source › + Connect More in the segment section of the rule.
- Paste in your Merchant Account ID and hit Connect. You may be prompted to log in to PayPal. Click Grant Access, which will complete the integration and direct you back to Center.
Options for Creating Contact Segments
Available Event Filters
- Someone cannot be charged
- Someone is refunded
- Someone is charged successfully
Please see our conditions reference to learn more about standard condition options.
- Subscription: allows you to segment customers based on whether or not their transaction is part of a subscription.
PayPal is only available for creating segments. Stay tuned to the Center blog or the notification panel in your account to learn when we add functionality to your favorite integrations!
FAQs and Troubleshooting Tips
What if I do not have a Merchant Account ID?
You may be using a non-business PayPal account. You’ll need to upgrade to a merchant account within PayPal to integrate with Center.
Please let us know if you have additional questions!
We’re here to help. If you run into any issues or just have additional questions, please contact our support team. You can also create a ticket by clicking the banner in the bottom right corner of the Center interface.