While Leadpages does not directly integrate with Pardot through an API, there is a way to still connect Pardot to Leadpages using custom Leadpages code.
The fine print
- The Pardot connection is available for pages and pop-ups.
- To use Pardot with Leadpages, you’ll need to create a form layout template inside of Pardot as indicated below.
Integrate your account
To integrate with Pardot, you'll need to create a form layout template using code supplied by the Leadpages support team during an Advanced on-boarding call. If you need access to the code and are an Advanced customer you can contact support to gain access.
Connecting Leadpages form layout template in Pardot
After gaining access to your Leadpages Pardot code, you can follow these steps to use Pardot on your pages or pop-ups.
- In your Pardot account, navigate to Marketing › Forms › Layout Templates. Then, click Add Layout Template and name it—something like “Leadpages Form Template,” for instance.
</body>, as shown below. The option to “include default CSS stylesheet” should be left checked. Click the Create layout template button to save.
- Assign the new layout template to your form. Create a new form in Pardot (or edit an existing one). In the form wizard, navigate to the third section—Look and Feel. Then, choose your Leadpages form layout as the template for the form. Customize your Submit Button Text and then click Confirm & Save.
- In your saved form’s overview in Pardot, click View HTML Code. Then copy the entire embed code from the corresponding field.
Once your code is copied, you’ll want to paste it in to Leadpages with a few adjustments. First, you’ll need to adjust the iframe code to correspond with the security protocol of your page. Take a look at the URL of your page and note if it begins with
Then, adjust your Pardot code to match that. For instance if your page is hosted on Leadpages servers it will be over https://, so you’ll need to adjust your Pardot HTML so the URL there begins with https://.
You may also want to consider adjusting the height value. By default, that value should be 500 (i.e. height="500"). Adjusting that value will allow you to remove extra “whitespace” around your form.
- Once you've got that form saved in your Pardot account, follow these guides for your corresponding builder:
- Drag & Drop Builder: Use the HTML widget to paste your Pardot form code onto your page or pop-up.
- Standard Builder: Use the Other Copy/Paste method to paste your Pardot form code onto your page or pop-up.
(Updated January 22, 2019)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the ? support button at the top-right corner of your account dashboard or by clicking here to file a support ticket.