Every page you publish within Leadpages is automatically hosted on our servers at the subdomain you created when setting up your account, for example:
If you own a domain, you can connect it to Leadpages with a subdomain of your choice. Once set up, you’ll be able to publish pages to a custom subdomain on the domain you own, like so:
Learn how to set it up and get started below.
The fine print
There are a couple things you should know before setting up your custom domain.
- Pages are still hosted on our servers—we do not publish pages to your server directly.
- You can connect one custom domain at a time.
- We’ll automatically secure all custom domains with an SSL certificate and HTTPS server. Get security details →
- Our custom domain feature requires you to set up a subdomain, and each page must have a URL slug. To publish pages to your root domain, see Options for Publishing Leadpages.
Here’s how to connect your domain to Leadpages:
Step 1: Add your domain to Leadpages
- Click the profile icon at the top right corner of your dashboard.
- Select “Custom Domains”.
- Click Connect Domain.
- Enter your domain with your chosen subdomain instead of the 'www' subdomain (e.g. yoursubdomain.yoursite.com). Then, click Connect Domain.
Each page you publish to your custom domain will use the same subdomain, so choose one that works with your intended use case. For instance, you might use “webinar” if you plan on publishing many webinar registration pages to your domain.
Step 2: Add the subdomain to your domain provider
Now, you’ll need to add your chosen subdomain to your domain provider settings. To do so, follow the on-screen instruction on the custom domain screen (within Leadpages).
If you have questions or need additional support with adding your subdomain to your domain provider, consult their documentation and support options for assistance.
If you still see a “Pending Connection” message after 24 hours, follow the publishing steps below, which can sometimes resolve the issue. Otherwise, don’t hesitate to contact our amazing support team.
Helpful domain provider links
To get you started, we've linked within Leadpages, as well as below, to some helpful tools from popular domain providers on how to add a custom subdomain with those services.
Publish to your custom domain
Follow these steps to publish any page to your custom domain:
- Click Leadpages in your account dashboard, open the actions menu more for your page, then select Publishing Options.
- On the “URL” tab, click the pencil icon to edit.
- Select your subdomain and enter a URL “slug”, which will appear at the end of your URL:
- Click Save.
Frequently asked questions
Can I configure additional custom domains?
Not at this time. Each Leadpages account comes with one custom subdomain — but you can publish an unlimited number of pages to that domain.
How is domain security handled?
SSL protocols by default for all pages hosted on our servers. In fact, you don’t need to purchase your own SSL certificate. Learn more about security ↗
We’re not able to automatically secure pages hosted on your own server (such as through your WordPress site or our HTML download option).
(Updated May 30, 2018)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard as shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.