Stripe is a popular payment processor that can be used to sell products and services on the web. While Leadpages doesn’t officially integrate with Stripe, you can add a payment form to Drag & Drop pages using this guide.
The fine print
- To get started, you’ll need a Stripe account. If you don’t have one, you can create one here: Stripe: Register.
- Adding a Checkout form to your page allows you to collect payment information from visitors. To complete a transaction, you’ll need to complete additional steps with Stripe. Learn more…
Set up Stripe Checkout
To get started, sign in to Stripe (or create an account if you don't have one) and configure the code for your Checkout form. You can find full documentation for configuring your Checkout code here: https://stripe.com/docs/checkout.
Add Stripe code to an HTML widget
Once you have your code, you’ll be ready to put it into your Leadpages.
- Copy your Checkout code from Stripe.
- Open any Drag & Drop page, or create a new one.
- Add an HTML widget to your page where you’d like your purchase button to appear.
- Open the HTML field by clicking inside of the widget, then click HTML. Paste in your code from Stripe.
Create a charge
Collecting payment information is only one step of the process. To process transactions, you must set up your own server-side code to create a charge. Stripe has some excellent resources you can check out to learn more about processing payments here:
If you’re not ready to set up your own server-side code using Stripe, you may consider using our checkout widget instead. Learn more about it here.
Preview your page and test it out
Click Preview in the top right corner of the builder to check out your page. Then press your purchase button to open the checkout window. You can even test it using Stripe’s test card numbers.
That’s it! As long as your Stripe code is properly configured, you can go ahead and publish or update your page. Visitors will then be able to make purchases directly from your Leadpage.
Frequently asked questions
Can I add Stripe Checkout to Standard Leadpages?
Since our HTML widget is only available in our Drag & Drop builder, we don’t support adding Stripe code to Leadpages created in the Standard Builder.
How do I customize or change other parts of the Checkout form?
Stripe offers a lot of options for customizing their Checkout form. This article isn’t meant to cover them all, but you can check out Stripe's full documentation on their Checkout product here: https://stripe.com/docs/checkout.
(Updated July 12, 2017)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.