Choose a template
To get started, you’ll need to begin with a template. Under the Lead Pages tab, there's blue button that says, "Create New Lead Page." This button will tailor your template based on your goal for that page. You can then customize the template with your brand colors and copy etc.
We also have a template gallery. Here’s how to choose a template from the template gallery:
- Navigate to the Lead Pages tab on your account dashboard and click the View All Templates button.
- Select a type of template from the drop-down on the left, search for a template, or simply browse through our collection.
- Hover over any template’s thumbnail, click View to preview, then Use this Template.
- Name your page, then click Start Building.
To learn more about choosing a template, check out our article: The Different Types of Lead Pages Templates.
Edit your page’s content
Every template includes pre-built sections with placeholder widgets. You can edit, rearrange, delete, and add new content to customize your page.
Our builder automatically saves changes as you go, so you don’t need to worry about losing any work. If you make a mistake, there are plenty of options to undo your edits.
Widgets hold all the content on your page—from headings to images to buttons. Click on any widget to access its settings and edit its content.
Each widget also provides various customization and styling options. You can learn more about each widget’s options here: Drag & Drop Widgets.
Other customization options
Each Drag & Drop template is organized into distinct sections, columns, and rows—each of which you can customize to further edit your page.
Set up a form
You’ll need at least one form widget in order to collect opt-ins on your page. Most templates include an opt-in form by default, normally within an on-page pop-up. Here’s how to find and adjust your page’s form:
- Look for a call to action (usually a button). Keep in mind that many templates include several calls to action.
- Hover over your call to action and click Edit Pop-Up (or click your call to action, then the link icon).
- Once you open the pop-up, hover over the form and click Edit Integrations (or click anywhere on the form to open its settings).
- Navigate through the three tabs, INTEGRATIONS, FIELDS, and ACTIONS, to adjust your form’s settings. When you’re finished, click Save & Close.
Attaching a lead magnet
You can incentivize visitors to opt in to your page by offering a lead magnet. Learn how to set up a lead magnet here.
Thank you page settings
By default, visitors who submit a form on your Lead Page will get directed to a generic thank you page. We recommend creating a custom thank you page to use with your opt-in page. Here are details on setting up a custom thank you page.
Publish your page
Before publishing your page, click the Preview button to see it in action—you can even make sure your page looks good on mobile devices.
When you’re satisfied, click Publish to go live! Each page you publish will get its own URL at your Leadpages Domain (hosted on our servers). Using that URL is the quickest way to share your page—but you can also publish your page to your own server, WordPress site, or take out a Facebook & Instagram Ad.
To learn more about publishing, check out: Publishing Your Lead Page.
Test your page
We always recommend submitting a test before sending your page out into the world. We've got a video here demonstrating how best to test your page.