Pop-ups are a great way to focus a visitor’s attention on opting in to your list. You can link pop-ups to buttons, images, or text on your page. When a visitor clicks on the object you have linked to the pop-up, your opt-in form will appear. To create a pop-up, follow the steps below.
The fine print
- On-page pop-ups are separate from the standalone pop-ups listed in your account navigation menu under Conversion Tools. For more information on standalone pop-ups to place on your blog or website, click here.
- Any pop-ups created within a page or site are specific to that page or site and only available within the page or site.
- When choosing a pop-up to add to an element on your page, there is a limit of 24 on-page pop-ups to select from.
Create your pop-up
Most Leadpage templates come pre-loaded with on-page pop-ups ready for you to edit. You can of course delete these template pop-ups as well and create a new one from scratch.
Existing button and pop-up on a template
Hover over your button, then click Edit Pop-Up as seen below (alternatively, click your button, then click the link icon in the widget settings panel).
New button and pop-up
Drag any linkable widget to your page (such as a button, image, or text)—or, use an existing widget on your template. We’ll be using a button widget in this guide.
Hover over your button, then click Add Click Event > Open a Pop-Up > Create New Pop-Up.
Edit your pop-up
If you already have a Leadpages site, landing page, or pop-up built, you have the option to copy + paste a section onto your new pop-up. Learn more ↗
Customizing your pop-up's form
To edit your form, click on any part of the form widget and edit its options in the left-hand sidebar, as shown below.
You can learn more about editing your forms here: The Form Widget. Forms are one-step opt-ins, the form appears embedded on the page. Pop-ups are considered two-step opt-ins; the form only appears after a visitor clicks a linked object like a button, text, or image.
Naming your pop-up
We recommend naming your pop-up to make sure it’s easy to keep track of (especially if you set up multiple pop-ups on the same page).
To name your pop-up, click Pop-Up Tracking in the left-hand sidebar, then edit the name field and click Save. Note, if you've got your form settings open, click anywhere outside of the form widget on your pop-up to access the Pop-Up Tracking option.
Testing your pop-up
When you’re all set, you can test your pop-up by previewing your page—it will pop up when you click its trigger.
Multiple pop-ups and forms
If you're selling multiple products or looking to have a pop-up that entices your visitors to subscribe to a newsletter and one that sells a product, you could have multiple pop-ups on a single page. This is also great when selling multiple products.
As an example, to attach a new pop-up to an existing button on your page:
- Hover over the button, then click Edit Click Event.
- Click Remove to remove the button's existing link or pop-up.
- Select "Open a pop-up" as your click event.
- Click Create New Pop-Up.
- Customize the your new pop-up and its form settings.
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click Support in your Leadpages navigation menu, or submit a ticket ↗