Leadlinks require two specific technologies to work. If these are not available through your Service Provider, you will not be able to use Leadlinks with that service provider.
1. For a Leadlink to be embedded in your email:
For a Leadlink to be embedded in an email, your service provider must allow and provide codes for email, first name and last name fields in your Leadlink. The service providers that do allow it (and that we currently integrate with) are visible in the dropdown in the Leadlinks Settings preview window shown here:
2. For a Leadlink to add an opt-in to your list:
For a Leadlink to add an opt-in to your list, the Email Service Provider for that list must allow web forms to be sent via API.
Current services that can be integrated with Leadlinks:
The following services can be integrated with Leadlinks:
- ActiveCampaign (receiving leads)
- AWeber (Note: double opt-in will be activated automatically. To retain single opt-in for that list please contact AWeber Support)
- Constant Contact (receiving leads)
- Drip (Note: to send a Leadlink in Drip, you’ll need to use the Custom link option, and replace the email, first name, and last name portions of the link with Liquid placeholders).
- GoToWebinar (receiving leads)
- HubSpot (receiving leads)
- Interspire (receiving leads)
- Lead Notifications (receiving leads)
- Marketo (receiving leads)
- Office Autopilot/ONTRAPORT
- Salesforce (receiving leads)
- SendReach (receiving leads)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.