The video background template in the Standard Builder has a unique setup in order to implement the video background. This article will help clarify how to place a video in the background of that template as well as answer some common questions.
Using video backgrounds
There are a few requirements when using the video background template. Most importantly, the video you use for the background must be hosted by you, not simply a streaming service. Also, some browsers and mobile devices may block video backgrounds from playing, therefore, the template will also ask for a URL to a background image you'd like in place of a video in case this happens.
Background video URL requirements
- A valid URL to your video file.
- The video file must be in “.mp4” format.
- The video file must have “H.264, AAC” encoding.
- The video file must not be larger than 720p (1280 × 720) resolution.
- The video file must be as small as possible, to ensure faster load times.
- The video file must not be letter-boxed or contain any other framing.
Background Image URL
A valid URL to an image file for users who can’t play video.
- We recommend using an image file that matches the first frame of the video in its content and resolution.
Background Image URL (mobile)
A valid url to an image file for mobile devices. This file should be small for fast loading on mobile devices. (1024 × 768 px is the maximum size we recommend using.)
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click help_circle in the top-right corner of your Leadpages dashboard, or submit a ticket ↗