Leadlinks make it easier than ever before for your prospects to opt-in to your lists, sub-lists and webinars! Simply copy and paste a Leadlink into a broadcast email using your email service provider, and your prospects can instantly register for your list, sub-list, or your webinar by simply clicking your Leadlink. There's no need to opt-in, or give additional information!
Leadlinks require two specific technologies. If these are not available with your email service provider (ESP), then you will not be able to use Leadlinks. For more information, please see supported integrations below.
Leadlinks work due to the email service provider's ability to provide field personalization, which means that you must send your Leadlinks from within an email service provider. Because a Leadlink pulls contact information from a list, you must send it from the place where those contacts are stored. Your Leadlinks will not work if they are pasted into a standard email message, such as a message that you create from your Gmail or another email account.
Creating a new Leadlink
- Navigate to Leadlinks by selecting the tab in your account dashboard.
- Click Create New Leadlink.
Integrating your Leadlink
Choose the integration service and desired list that you will be adding leads to from the left sidebar panel drop-down menus. Then, click the green "Customize this Link" button or the blue "Okay" button (either may show).
The email service provider that you use to send out this email can be different from the ESP that you’re using to build your list. For example, you might use Infusionsoft to send out this email, but use MailChimp to build your list.
- Your integration settings should appear right away if integrating the link for the first time, if not, select Integration settings from the left-hand panel.
- Select your integrations and where you'd like to send your leads, then click Customize this form.
- From the drop-down to the right of the sidebar, select the email service provider from which you will be sending this Leadlink.
- Name your Leadlink at the top left corner and click Save.
Attaching a lead magnet
You can incentivize visitors to opt in to your Leadlink by offering a lead magnet. Learn how to set up a lead magnet here.
Thank you page settings
By default, visitors who click on your Leadlink will get directed to a generic thank you page. We recommend creating a custom thank you page to use with your Leadlink. Here are details on setting up a custom thank you page.
Use your Leadlink
Your Leadlink will appear in the blue box as shown below. Copy it in its entirety to your clipboard. Then, open your email service provider account (from step 3 above), create a new message, and paste your Leadlink into the message. Alternatively, you can send your Leadlinks to an affiliate to broadcast it in a message using their ESP.
Leadlinks require two specific technologies to work. If these are not available through your Service Provider, you will not be able to use Leadlinks with that service provider.
1. For a Leadlink to be embedded in your email:
For a Leadlink to be embedded in an email, your service provider must allow and provide codes for email, first name and last name fields in your Leadlink. The service providers that do allow it (and that we currently integrate with) are visible in the dropdown in the Leadlinks Settings preview window shown here:
2. For a Leadlink to add an opt-in to your list:
For a Leadlink to add an opt-in to your list, the Email Service Provider for that list must allow web forms to be sent via API.
Current services that can be integrated with Leadlinks:
- ActiveCampaign (receiving leads)
- AWeber (Note: double opt-in will be activated automatically. To retain single opt-in for that list please contact AWeber Support)
- Constant Contact (receiving leads)
- Drip (Note: to send a Leadlink in Drip, you’ll need to use the Custom link option, and replace the email, first name, and last name portions of the link with Liquid placeholders).
- GoToWebinar (receiving leads)
- HubSpot (receiving leads)
- Interspire (receiving leads)
- Lead Notifications (receiving leads)
- Marketo (receiving leads)
- Office Autopilot/ONTRAPORT
- Salesforce (receiving leads)
- SendReach (receiving leads)
It is always a good idea to send a test message from your ESP (as selected in step 3 above) that includes your Leadlink so you can test it prior to sending your Leadlinks to a large list. Whenever you test, it's best to opt-in with an email address that is not already on your list.
(Updated September 17, 2018)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.