iContact, the email marketing software, integrates with both our Drag & Drop Builder and Standard (Legacy) Builder. After you've selected the template you want to use for your Leadpage, use the following steps to integrate your Leadpage with iContact.
The fine print
- iContact is available with all of our tools, including Leadpages, Leadboxes, Leadlinks, and Leaddigits.
- To use iContact with Leadpages, you’ll need to create at least one list within iContact.
Integrate your account
To integrate with iContact, you'll need an iContact Application ID and your iContact username and password.
Request and connect Leadpages iContact Application ID
Unlike other integrations, iContact accounts do not have individual API Keys. Instead, services like Leadpages—which enable connectivity between opt-in forms and iContact lists—provide users with an Application ID.
- Request Leadpages iContact Application ID from our support team.
- Log in to the iContact External Access page, enter the App ID, create a password (Keep this password handy as you'll need it in a future step.) and Save.
- Once you've got that information saved in your iContact account, follow these guides for your corresponding builder:
- Drag & Drop Builder: To use iContact with the Drag & Drop Builder and Drag & Drop Leadboxes, follow our guide here.
- Standard Builder: To use iContact with our Standard Builder, Standard Leadboxes, Leaddigits, and Leadlinks, follow these steps.
Send leads to iContact
Once you've integrated your iContact account with your Leadpages account, you'll have the option of selecting iContact as a destination for your leads. Follow these steps to choose iContact as the destination for your leads.
(Updated August 1, 2018)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard as shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.