There are two ways to integrate Leadpages with ONTRAPORT (formerly Office AutoPilot):
Below, we’ll cover each method so you can start collecting leads in your ONTRAPORT account.
Integrate via API
Generate an API key
To connect to Leadpages via ONTRAPORT’s API, you’ll first need to generate a key. Here’s how:
- Click your name in the top right corner of your account, then select “Administration.”
- Under “Integrations”, click ONTRAPORT API Instructions and Key Manager.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a key. Be sure to give your API key a name you’ll easily remember and check all permissions to ensure leads can pass through to ONTRAPORT.
Once you generate a key, you’ll be able to copy your App ID and API Key to connect to Leadpages.
Paste your ONTRAPORT information into Leadpages
To paste your ONTRAPORT App ID and API Key in your Leadpages account, follow the steps below.
- In your Leadpages account, click your name in the top right corner, then select Integrations.
- Choose ONTRAPORT from the list.
- Paste in your Application ID and API Key in their appropriate fields, then click Connect.
Now, you can integrate any Standard Leadpage, Leadlink, Leaddigit or standalone Standard Leadbox with ONTRAPORT. Select “OfficeAutoPilot” to connect (which is used interchangeably with ONTRAPORT in Leadpages).
In most cases, we recommend integrating with ONTRAPORT through their API. You can however, use a Smart Form if you prefer or if you’ve already set one up.
Create a Smart Form
Smart Forms allow you to create customizable opt-in forms and collect information from your leads. ONTRAPORT has a full guide on creating Smart Forms here: Smart Form Builder Overview.
As you build your form, we recommend using the following settings:
- Make sure the “required” option is unchecked for your first name and last name fields.
- If you enable double opt-in, you can use the URL of any Leadpage to make sure new subscribers see your page right after opting in.
- You can also use a Leadpage as the thank you page (which leads will see once they confirm their subscription).
Once your form is set up, click inside the box that says, “Untitled Smart Form”, and name it something you’ll easily remember. Then, click Publish and select the “HTML Version For Geeks” tab. Copy the entire code in the box from that tab.
Paste into Leadpages
To use your form code, first make sure you’ve turned on the “Other Copy/Paste” option, as described here: About the Other Copy/Paste Option. Then, follow the steps below for our Drag & Drop or Standard Builder.
Drag & Drop Builder
- Open any drag-and-drop page, or create a new one.
- Add a new HTML widget to your page wherever you’d like your form to appear.
- Paste your Smart Form’s code into the HTML widget. Then, publish/update your page.
- Edit any standard page, or create a new one.
- Open your integration settings by clicking your call to action. Learn more…
- Click Integration settings in the left sidebar.
- Select “Other Copy/Paste” as your integration, then paste in your form’s code.
- Click Okay to save your integration settings, then Okay again to save your form. Finally, save your page in the top right corner of the builder.
(Updated February 28, 2017)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click help_circle in the top-right corner of your Leadpages dashboard, or submit a ticket ↗