With the Other Copy/Paste feature in the Standard Builder, there is the ability to paste third-party form code for services with which we do not directly integrate.
The fine print
- We cannot guarantee the other copy/paste integration option will work for your email service provider (ESP) and our support team does not have the ability to troubleshoot third-party form code.
- You'll want to use a raw embed code, without styling, if you have access to it in your ESP.
Using form code
What is form code?
Form code is a means by which a user can integrate an unsupported ESP or customer relationship management (CRM) system with a Leadpage or Leadbox. The core function of these integrations when attached to a Leadpage is to record a visitor's information (e.g. email, name, etc.) to a mailing list.
Compatible form code
Usable form code will contain a <form> tag, though may not always begin with a <form> tag.
Here's an example of form code that begins with a form tag:
<form method="post" class="af-form-wrapper" accept-charset="iso-8859-1" action="http://www.samplecode.com/scripts/addlead.pl" > <input type="hidden" name="meta_web_form_id" value="582518202" />
Please keep in mind, not all working form code will begin with an HTML <form> tag. Most services will begin their form code with the following tags: <style type="text/css"> or <div>.
The first one, <style type="text/css">, is indicative of inline CSS. Inline CSS can often times take up more lines than your form code itself. It typically contains a variety of styles that many services utilize to enhance the appearance of their forms. These styles are not applied in Leadpages. They are filtered out and replaced with the form styles you create in the template or Leadbox builder.
A <div> tag is used to control the layout of a form — everything from the location of a form field, to how each form element is aligned. As you may have guessed, this too is filtered out. The good news is, the <style type="text/css"> and <div> tags typically do not affect a form's ability to function in Leadpages. Our builder is very good at identifying only the HTML <form> code, so it's not often that these tags render the form unusable.
However, we do recommend that in cases where un-styled (no inline CSS) form code is available that you use that instead of the code containing styles — just in case!
Please keep in mind that even if your form code does correspond with the standards above, we cannot guarantee that it will work. A database or website may need to be properly set up to receive data via form code, which requires advanced knowledge of web development. Our support team does not provide support for form code from email service providers we do not directly integrate with.
Form code not accepted
If you find this type of script in your form code, and discover your form code is not working, this may be the culprit. The same is true with <iframe> code. In these circumstances, the best course of action would be to inquire with support desk or documentation of the ESP you received the code from to see if the offer basic HTML form code.
Integrating with Other Copy/Paste
Step-by-step using Other Copy/Paste
- Navigate to the profile icon at the top-right corner of your account dashboard, then click Integrations.
- Select Other Copy/Paste from the list of integrations, then click Connect.
- Navigate to edit one of your Standard Leadpages or Leadboxes, then click on your call-to-action button and select Integration settings from the left-hand sidebar inside the builder.
- Under "Integrate form with," select Other, then paste in your third-party form code and click Customize this form when finished.
- Press Okay at the bottom-left corner of the builder, then Save and Publish your page.
Please test your form out to ensure your email address and other information is being sent to your service.
(Updated July 24, 2018)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard as shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.