Facebook Ads can be a great way to drive traffic to a page for lots of reasons. One common strategy is to publish a Leadpage to your Facebook Page, then direct your ad there to get opt-ins and likes.
Below, we’ll cover exactly how to set up your ad so that your audience lands on your Leadpages tab on your Facebook Page.
A note on mobile ads
Keep in mind that Facebook does not display tabs on mobile devices. The steps below describe how to configure your ad with your Leadpages tab as a destination.
However, if your intended audience will see your ad on mobile devices, we recommend setting a different URL as your ad’s destination. If you host your Leadpage on our servers, you can set up a redirect so that desktop visitors land on your Facebook tab instead. For more information on how to set it up, please see: Do Leadpages Published To Facebook Work On Mobile Devices?
Create a campaign
- Navigate to Facebook's Ad Manager at https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager.
- Create a campaign and select Engagement as your marketing objective.
- On the same page, select Page Likes.
- Name your campaign, and select Create Ad Account to set your page (or, click Continue if you already have an account).
- Proceed through the “Ad Account” and “Ad Set” pages as prompted. In the Ad Set section, select the business Page where your Leadpage is published as a tab.
- When you arrive at the “Ad” section, be sure to select Show Advanced Options and select your Leadpages tab from the drop-down menu.
- When you’re satisfied with the options you’ve chosen, click Place Order at the bottom right corner of the Ads Manager.
If you have additional questions about running Facebook ads, check out the free resources below:
(Updated April 04, 2017)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.