While we provide built-in analytics for all of your Leadpages and Leadboxes, you can also use third-party analytics or tracking code. Tools like Google Analytics and Facebook’s pixel provide powerful metrics so you can get even more data on your pages and forms’ performance.
In this guide, you’ll learn where you can paste third-party tracking code in Leadpages and Leadboxes.
The fine print
Here are some notes to keep in mind while you work with third-party analytics and tracking code:
- Modifying your page’s code can cause issues on your pages or Leadboxes. Take care to properly configure your tracking code according its documentation, and avoid entering other code in the tracking code sections.
- Some services calculate metrics differently than our system, so in some cases third-party data will differ from our numbers. More info…
Install tracking code
Determine where to install your code
Before getting started, you’ll need to find out where your code should be installed. Check your tracking service’s documentation for their recommendation. Typically, they’ll suggest placing the code in the
<body> section of your page.
You’ll also want to determine which page to paste your code onto. Some services require you to paste their code on a “thank you” or confirmation page. Other tools might instruct you to install the code on your opt-in page itself.
You can find installation guides for Google and Facebook below:
If you’re using a different service, visit their site to find out where they recommend pasting their tracking code.
Drag & Drop Leadpages and Leadboxes
Here’s where you can install your tracking code in our Drag & Drop Leadpages and Leadboxes:
- Create or open a Drag & Drop Leadpage or Leadbox where you’d like to install your code.
- Click Page Tracking / Leadbox Tracking in the left sidebar, then select Analytics.
- Paste your tracking code in one of the fields provided, according to instructions from your analytics service provider.
- Click Save, then Update your page or Leadbox.
<body>section of a Leadbox will always appear at the beginning of the
You can paste tracking code onto any Standard Leadpage or opt-in form. Here’s how:
- Open an existing Standard Leadpage, or create a new one.
- In the builder, click Lead Page Options in the left sidebar, then select Tracking Codes.
- Paste your code in the
bodysection, then click Done.
- Click Save in the top-right corner.
To add code to a form, follow the steps below.
- Open your form (which can be part of a Leadpage or a standalone Standard Leadbox).
- Click Tracking Code in the left sidebar.
- Paste your code in either the “Extra head” or “Extra body” section, then click Okay. Click Okay again to save your form changes.
Frequently asked questions
Do third-party analytics work with Leadpages published to WordPress or my server?
Yes! As long as you include the code on your page, it should work with all of our publishing options, including WordPress. If you use our Advanced HTML export feature, it’s usually best to paste your tracking code right within your page’s source code (rather than in the builder).
I need help setting up my tracking code… what are my options?
As much as we’d like to help, we’re not able to provide direct support for third-party analytics platforms. That said, many top services have excellent guides that cover everything from setup to troubleshooting advice.
If you’re still stuck, you might try reaching out to your analytics service’s support team—or, if they don’t offer one-one-one support, check for a forum, such as those for Google and Facebook:
That said, don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have issues or questions about anything within Leadpages.
(Updated August 03, 2017)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.