Every form in Leadpages will include a required email field by default. But there are a lot of great reasons to skip collecting a visitor’s email address on certain forms. Whether you already have a contact’s email address or you just don’t need it, read on to create a form without a visible email field.
In these steps, we’re using Lead Notifications as our example integration.
- Click on your Drag & Drop form to open its settings (or, drag a new form widget onto your page). Keep in mind, your form may be located within a Leadbox on your page.
- Make sure you have at least one field other than email on your form.
- Click the email field in the sidebar to open its settings.
- Check the “This is a hidden field” option. Then, give the field a default value (such as email@example.com).
- Optionally, enter a URL variable name in the “URL Mapping” field.
- Click Done to save your field settings, then click Save to close your form settings.
Now, visitors will be able to submit your form without entering an email address.
While hiding the email field in your forms is possible, it can cause issues when you integrate with an email service provider, CRM, or marketing automation tool. Here are some tips to ensure that your form continues to work:
- If you use URL parameters that include your visitors’ email address, you can use the URL mapping field as described in Step 5 above. That way, you’ll make sure your visitors’ email is captured, but they won’t have to input it again.
- Check with your service provider to learn how they handle duplicate email addresses. Some will create a new record, while others may overwrite non-email fields with each form “submission”. If your service does not support duplicate subscribers, we don’t recommend hiding the email field on your forms—or that you use URL parameters to ensure the email field is filled out.
- Always enter a default value (such as
firstname.lastname@example.org) that can act as a fallback. That way, your form will still submit, even if you aren’t able to match an email address to a visitor.
(Updated April 26, 2017)
Please let us know if you have additional questions.
You can always file a support ticket if you have additional questions by clicking the Support button in your dashboard shown here or clicking here to file a support ticket.