When you use our Vimeo integration, you’ll be able to create rules based on who views your videos. Not only that, but you can segment viewers based on how long they watch. Read on to get started with Center’s Vimeo integration.
In this article
The fine print
These are some of the details you’ll want to keep in mind as you get started with Center’s Vimeo integration:
- To get started, you’ll need at least one Vimeo video and its embed code.
- The integration with Vimeo relies on Center’s tracking code to function. Your tracking code must be installed on any pages where you embed your video.
Integrate Center with Vimeo
Follow the steps below for each video you’d like to track and use in your Center rules.
- In Center, navigate to Integrations, then select “Vimeo.”
- Click Get Started (or Create New Embed Code if you’ve previously created one). Then, select which tracking code you’d like to use. Press Save & Continue to proceed.
- Copy your video’s embed code, then paste it into the “Your Video Embed Code” field. To learn more about embedding your video, check out Vimeo’s article here (while logged into your Vimeo account).
- Name your video so you can identify it later when you create a rule, then click Generate Code. Your viewers will not see the name you choose.
- Copy your new embed code and paste it on any page(s) with your tracking code to publish your video.
Options for creating contact segments
Available Event Filters
- Video view
Please see our conditions reference to learn more about standard conditions.
FAQs and troubleshooting tips
I’ve set up my embed code but no contacts are showing up in my rule. What can I do?
Contacts will only flow through your rule if your video is published to a page with your tracking code. Make sure the tracking code you’ve chosen for your video is installed on your page. If you continue running into problems, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team.
(Updated March 21, 2017)
Please let us know if you have additional questions!
We’re here to help. If you run into any issues or just have additional questions, please contact our support team. Click the question mark icon in the top-right corner of your Center dashboard to get started.