ONTRAPORT offers an array of features to help automate your business. Integrate your account with Leadpages to send leads directly to Smart Forms and Sequences.
Learn how to get started using ONTRAPORT with Leadpages below.
The fine print
- ONTRAPORT works with all our conversion tools: Drag & Drop pages, sites, and pop-ups, Standard pages and pop-ups, opt-in texts*, and trigger links*.
- Some functionality depends on how you connect Leadpages to ONTRAPORT. Be sure to review details in the sections below.
- The "Disable Custom HTML Forms" option in your ONTRAPORT account security settings must be turned off in order to use the integration in Leadpages.
- ONTRAPORT has replaced Office AutoPilot. Although you may occasionally see references to Office AutoPilot in Leadpages, everything now links to ONTRAPORT.
Integrate your account
To use ONTRAPORT with Leadpages, you’ll first need to connect your two accounts. Here’s how:
Obtain an App ID and API Key from your ONTRAPORT account. We recommend creating a new API Key to use with Leadpages.
Once you have your App ID and API Key handy, set up your ONTRAPORT integration with whichever builder you plan to use (or both):
- Drag & Drop Builder: To use ONTRAPORT with Drag & Drop pages, sites, and pop-ups, follow these steps.
- Standard Builder: To use ONTRAPORT with our Standard Builder, opt-in texts, and trigger links, follow these steps.
Awesome! Now that you’ve set up your integration at the account level, you’ll be able to start sending leads to ONTRAPORT.
Send leads to ONTRAPORT
There are just two basic steps to use ONTRAPORT with conversion tools in your Leadpages account :
- Select ONTRAPORT as the service you’d like to use.
- Choose which form or sequence you’d like to add leads to.
Learn how to access and configure settings for any of our conversion tools in our guide here: Choose a Destination for your Leads. Read on below to learn about differences between using Smart Forms and Sequences.
Smart Forms’ simplicity make them more compatible with Leadpages. Note, however, that Smart Forms are not compatible with trigger links or opt-in texts—you must use a Sequence instead.
Sequences are a legacy feature in ONTRAPORT, but they’re compatible with the widest range of tools in Leadpages.
To learn more about them, check out the Sequences Overview ↗
Sequences are the only tool in ONTRAPORT that are compatible with opt-in texts and trigger links. If you use either tool, be sure to connect to a Sequence instead of a form.
You may have access to different form fields depending on your setup. Here’s how fields work in each builder:
Drag & Drop Builder
If you connect to a Sequence, we pull in all ONTRAPORT fields, so all fields should available in Leadpages here.
For Smart Forms, only the fields you add the Smart Form within ONTRAPORT will be available in Leadpages.
Multi-select fields (i.e. checkboxes) include a visible “Select…” option by default. Be sure to hide the option within ONTRAPORT if you don’t want it to appear—there’s no way to hide it from within Leadpages.
When you connect to a Sequence, a default set of fields will be available (including name, address, and phone number fields).
As with other integrations, opt-in texts only collect email and phone number fields, while trigger links collect email, first name, and last name.
ONTRAPORT does not automatically de-duplicate contacts. So, if someone submits your form multiple times, their information isn’t overwritten. You can manually merge contacts if needed. Learn more ↗
Troubleshooting tips and FAQs
Why isn’t my opt-in text working when I connect to ONTRAPORT?
You can only connect an opt-in text to an ONTRAPORT Sequence. If you’re still having trouble, don’t hesitate to contact us—we’ll be happy to help.
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click Support in your Leadpages navigation menu, or submit a ticket ↗