GoToWebinar is one a popular tool for hosting and running webinars. If you have an account, you can connect a specific webinar to Leadpages to register new leads. Check out the guide below to learn how to integrate and configure your conversion tools to work with GoToWebinar.
The fine print
- GoToWebinar requires email, first name, and last name fields to be collected. More details…
- We don’t currently integrate with GoToMeeting or other Citrix products—you must have a GoToWebinar account to connect with Leadpages.
- The Leadpages GoToWebinar integration connects to standard, live webinars. Pre-recorded webinars cannot be connected at this time.
Integrate your account
- Drag & Drop Builder: To use GoToWebinar with our Drag & Drop page and site builder and pop-ups, follow our guide here: Connect Your Integrations (Drag & Drop Builder).
- Standard Builder: Follow the steps here to use GoToWebinar with Standard landing pages, opt-in texts, or trigger links.
Send leads to GoToWebinar
Once you’re integrated with GoToWebinar at the account level, you can connect your pages, forms, and more to specific webinars. Then, when someone opts in, they’ll be registered for the webinar you choose.
Webinars are listed by title in Leadpages. In our Standard Builder, opt-in texts, and trigger links, session dates are also listed. If you have a lot of webinars, we recommend giving each webinar a unique, identifiable name in GoToWebinar, e.g. “July Training - 10 AM Session”. That way, you can easily tell in Leadpages which webinar you’d like to connect to.
You can find detailed steps on how to configure integration settings for all our conversion tools here: Choose a Destination for your Leads.
About GoToWebinar fields
GoToWebinar requires you to collect email, first name, and last name fields. In addition to those three, you can add registration questions to collect other information from registrants.
Things get a little tricky if you use GoToWebinar with another service simultaneously. You’ll want to make sure you use first and last name fields from that service if possible—otherwise you may end up with multiple name fields on your form.
Also keep in mind that GoToWebinar must have a matching registration question to collect form data. For example, if you added a birthday field to your form from another service, that data wouldn’t pass through to GoToWebinar.
Skip collecting first and last name fields
If you use GoToWebinar with a service that doesn’t provide first and last name fields, you can use the following setup:
- In your form settings, hide the first name field and give it a default value (such as “Friend”).
- Hide the last name field, then give it a default value (such as “.” or a space).
Opt-in texts automatically skip first and last name fields when used with GoToWebinar. In that case, “first name” will be populated with “Friend”, and last name will be populated with a comma.
GoToWebinar sends up to four types of automatic emails for each webinar:
- A confirmation email to registrants
- Reminder emails before the webinar
- Follow-up email to attendees
- Follow-up email to absentees
You can adjust email settings for each webinar—for instance turn off the confirmation email or adjust reminder email timing. For details, check out GoToWebinar’s guide here.
While GoToWebinar doesn’t provide a traditional “confirmed opt-in” sequence, you can choose to manually approve all registrants. Learn more…
Troubleshooting tips and FAQs
Does Leadpages support recurring webinars? Why do I see duplicates of the same webinar in Leadpages?
We treat each webinar session as a separate event; GoToWebinar treats recurring webinars as one event with multiple sessions. Each form in Leadpages can only integrate with one webinar session. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to give recurring sessions unique names—so while we support them, it’ll be difficult to tell sessions apart within Leadpages.
As an alternative, consider copying past one-time webinars.
What’s the difference between a registrant and attendee?
Anyone who signs up for a webinar is considered a registrant before the webinar airs. The same person can register for multiple webinars.
People who actually join (attend) a webinar are considered attendees.
Need more help?
You can always get in touch with our support team—just click help_circle in the top-right corner of your Leadpages dashboard, or submit a ticket ↗